Website Lakeridge Health
Registered Nurse – Women & Children’s Program
Position: REGISTERED NURSE (positions available in each program)
Department: WOMEN & CHILDREN’S PROGRAM
Status: REGULAR AND TEMPORARY PART TIME
Programs: LABOUR & DELIVERY, PAEDIATRICS AND NICU
Schedules: 4, 8 and 12 hour shifts; Days, Evenings, Nights and Weekends
Sites Available: Lakeridge Health Oshawa and Ajax Pickering
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To use nursing process in providing patient care. To participate as a member of the Health Care Team and the Nursing Team. As an individual practitioner, to maintain competence and professionalism relevant to current practice. To maintain nursing records and perform other related duties as assigned.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
*At least 2 years recent Paediatric medical/surgical experience;
*Current BCLS, NRP and PALS required;
* Proven paediatric skills with; physical assessment, IV initiation, medication administration by oral, IV and inhaled routes, oxygen therapy administration and enteral feeding including NG/G-tubes;
* Knowledge of Paediatric pathophysiology, especially related to medically complex child and developmental needs of children age newborn-18 years old, required;
* Proven ability to deliver care in a family-centred environment and awareness of developmental needs of children newborn- 18 years of age;
* Evidence of working towards and/or completion of post RN Paediatric nursing courses, required.
* 3-5 years’ experience in providing direct patient care in a Level II or Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit including; Neonatal ventilation, central line management, PICC line management, Insertion of PIV’s and collection of capillary and venous bloodwork;
* Certification achieved in breastfeeding support, developmental care concepts, managing potentially toxic medication administration, delivery of care in a family centered care environment and full understanding of community agencies and discharge planning for families.
* Current BCLS and NRP required;
* Successful completion of the Level III NICU course, required;
* Current PALS preferred;
* Evidence of post RN Paediatric nursing courses, preferred;
* Recent medical/surgical paediatric experience, preferred;
LABOUR & DELIVERY:
* Completion of a Perinatal Course or in process of completing (within two years of hire date) NOTE: an experienced perinatal nurse with two years of full-time experience can challenge this course by writing the Canadian Nurses Association Perinatal Certification exam;
* Current BCLS and NRP required;
* Experience in the scrub and circulating role for Caesarean births or enrolled in a Perioperative nursing course preferred;
* Minimum 2-3 years in a Level II or III Birthing Suite is preferred with competency in advanced fetal monitoring, current neonatal resuscitation certification, competency in epidural/spinal pain management and induction/augmentation of labour with oxytocin;
* Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (in good standing);
* Demonstrated commitment to maintain Reflective Practice Standards as outlined by the CON;
* Current BLS certificate required;
*Sound knowledge and application of nursing skills as listed in the CNO “Standards of Nursing Practice”;
* B.SC.N preferred;
* Demonstrated effective organizational, problem-solving and teaching skills;
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
* Sound judgement, good observation and patient assessment skills, tact and empathy;
* Able to perform appropriately in emergency situations;
* Able to lift, turn, transfer patients manually and with mechanical aids;
* Able to assume a leadership/supervisory role;
* Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Compassion, Innovation, Courage and Trust;
* Demonstrated commitment to Lakeridge Health’s comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety; and,
* Proven good attendance record with capability of maintaining the same standard.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and Ontario Nurses’ Association.
Lakeridge Health thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under Lakeridge Health’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
To apply for this career opportunity please apply online via the Lakeridge Health Careers website at: https://careers.lakeridgehealth.on.ca/erecruit/VacancyDetail.aspx?VacancyUID=000000025536
Talent Acquisition & Client Associate, Human Resources
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com